Dog Ice Cream
Is your pet feeling the heat? Some homemade dog ice cream will keep him cool and happy.
Making your own ice cream is easy! These recipes will help you make a yummy frozen dog treat that your pooch will love!
Ready to get started? Scroll down for our best ice cream recipes.
Ice Cream Heaven
Peanut butter is a great ingredient to use in ice creams because most dogs love it. Here is a great starter recipe that is easy to make.
- 1 banana.
- 1 cup peanut butter.
- 2 cups natural yogurt.
- 2 tablespoons honey.
How to make
- Mash the banana and stir into the yogurt.
- Warm the peanut butter either on your stove or in the microwave until it is easy to stir.
- Add the banana/yogurt mixture and the honey.
- Mix everything until well combined.
- Pour into non-stick trays or containers and freeze. We like to use ice cube trays, or freeze in small dog sized containers!
- Freeze overnight or until frozen
This recipe make a lovely creamy ice-cream. It is nicer if you take it out of the freezer to let it soften before giving it to your dog. It depends how big your frozen portions are, but this could take somewhere between ten minutes and half an hour.
Strawberry Ice Cream
Strawberries are as good for dogs as for us – and they usually love them.
- 1 small tub of strawberries.
- 3-4 cups low fat ready-made custard.
How to make
- Mash the strawberries. This can get a bit messy! We use a potato masher. It is ok if it stays a bit lumpy – your dog won’t mind!
- Mix custard and strawberries together.
- Freeze overnight or until frozen in individual containers.
Defrost slightly before serving.
If your dog doesn’t much like strawberries then you can use other berries or bananas for this recipe. Just experiment to get the texture your dog likes. If your dog is a big fruit lover, then check out these fruit dog treats too.
Ice Cream Toppings
Dogs love toppings on their ice creams as much as we do! Here are some safe toppings you can use.
- Toasted sesame seeds.
- A little dribble of honey.
- A spoonful of applesauce
- Grated apple – or cheese!
- Crispy bacon bits.
- A small sprinkling of Rice Krispies
Your dog not got a sweet tooth? Some dogs prefer savory ice creams! Have a look at this dog ice cream recipe.