Free Dog Cookie Recipes
Wheat Free Spring Bones
On my site you will find many other free dog cookie recipes but this is Luigis favourite to eat – and one of my favourites to make.
These wheat free spring bones are a really easy dog treat to make – with only three ingredients. My dog Luigi loves cookies, and it’s even better when it’s spring!
This is also a wheat-free recipe! Using rice flour means that even dogs allergic to wheat can enjoy it. If your dog isn’t allergic to wheat then you can use all-purpose/plain flour instead of rice flour.
- 1+1/2 cups white rice flour.
- 1+1/4 cups grated cheddar cheese.
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) margarine (or butter).
- Milk – you may need a little to help form the dough.
How to make these dog treats:
Turn oven on at 180/325 degrees.
- Let the grated cheese stand until it’s room temperature .
- Using a fork, cream the cheese and margarine together.
- Add rice flour
- Add some milk if needed and knead until it forms a ball.
- Chill for half an hour.
- Roll out on floured surface until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use your knife or cookie cutter to make shapes.
- Place on a non-stick baking tray and put into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
I hope your dog enjoys this simple tasty treat.
I use these cookies for clicker training and agility. They hold together well – and Luigi will do anything for one! I make some small sized ones that are good to take on walks. They don’t break up in your pocket and make a big mess!
If your dog likes the taste of cheese, then try these other recipes :
Check out more Easy Dog Cookie Recipes
Return to Crazycrumb-dog-treats Home from Free Dog Cookie Recipes