Baby Food Biscuits
This homemade dog treat made of baby food is really easy to make.
This recipe makes about ten large treats, and dogs absolutely love them. My two dogs were more than happy to eat these homemade treats!
- 1 jar baby food- 190 grams, any flavour but I used chicken risotto.
- ½ cup apple cubed
- 1+1/2 cup oats.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil.
Turn oven on at 180/325 degrees.
- Pour the baby food into a bowl and add the apple. Mix it together and slowly add the oats.
- Stir well until you can’t see any of the oats original colour. The mixture should be stiff but easy to spoon.
- Add the teaspoons of olive oil and mix it in.
- Using a spoon, scoop bits of the mix onto a baking tray, each one about 1cm thick and 5 x 5cm across.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes, take them out and let them cool.
These are easy to make but aren’t great walk treats because they are too crumbly for keeping in a pocket. I use them for training in the house.
This is a great homemade recipe for adapting. Using a dessert baby food will give a sweeter treat – or use applesauce instead. Different types of baby food may need different amounts of oats, so add the oats slowly until you think you have got the right texture.
This homemade recipe is super easy, and you can’t really go wrong with it. I am sure your dog will love it!
More Homemade Dog Treats