Hypoallergenic Dog Treats
Recipes and Products for Dogs with Allergies
Hypoallergenic dog treats are a great way to show your dog he is loved – despite his allergies!
Feeling itchy or having skin problems is no fun for anyone – but dogs don’t need to miss out on treats. If your pet has dog food allergies there are still lots of ways to help him join in the fun.
Scroll down for some free recipes or take a look at my product reviews:
|Win your dogs heart
Click here for the best reviews of
Free Hypoallergenic Dog Treat Recipes
My dog Luigi has allergies to wheat, additives and preservatives. In the end we found a raw dog food diet worked best for him.
But we don’t want him to miss his treats – so making our own is fun for us – and healthy for him. Here is one of our favorite recipes. This treat is quite mild in taste – but good for dogs on a hypoallergenic dog treatment diet. See the notes below the recipe for advice about flour.
- 3 cups flour *see note.
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup Water or beef stock
We usually use rice flour for our recipes. If your dog needs a totally grain free treat then use garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour – or check out other substitutes on my wheat free dog treats page.
Turn oven on at 300F/190C degrees.
- Pour the flour into a bowl and add the grated cheddar.
- Add the oil and milk and mix. Then slowly add water to make a dough – you may need more or less water depending which flour you used.
- Mix well until dough is only slightly sticky then roll out on a mat.
- Use cookie cutters to make shapes and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Take them out and leave them to cool then store in the fridge.
This is a great starter recipe that you can adapt to your dogs taste. Why not add some tuna or some herbs to spice things up. If you are not sure how to adapt recipes then check out how to make dog treats first.
Need more hypoallergenic treat ideas? My site is packed with snack and cookie recipes – why not try these:
Wheat free dog treat recipes – lots of tasty wheat and gluten free alternatives.
Vegetarian Treats – just watch the flour in these recipes. Substitute a flour your dog can stomach.
Frozen Dog Treats – great for cooling off.
|Does your dog have allergies?
What treatments and diets have you tried? Have they been successful?
Share your Dogs with Allergies story now!