Recipe for Dog Biscuits
Baby Food Bites
This recipe for dog biscuits uses baby food to make scrummy dog treats.
When buying the baby food check that there is no onion powder used in the jar – onion is one of the dangerous dog treats.
- 3+1/2 cups flour all purpose/plain.
- 1 low-sodium beef stock cube.
- 1 cup cornmeal.
- 1 package unflavored gelatin.
- 1/4 cup milk.
- 1 egg (any size).
- 1/4 cup corn oil or olive oil.
- 1 jar of baby food.
- 3/4 cup boiling water (add beef cube to dissolve).
Directions for making these dog biscuits
Turn oven on at 200/390 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients and stir well.
- Roll out on floured board to about 1 to 2 inch thickness.
- Use cookie cutters, or a knife to make biscuit shapes.
- Put on baking tray and put in oven for 30 to 35 mins.
- Let them cool and store in fridge.
I have made this recipe with a jar of baby lamb casserole – but chicken or beef recipes would work well too.
If your dog has a sweet tooth, you could use peanut butter or a jar of baby food dessert (like apple sauce) instead.
Cut the biscuit shapes to suit the size of your dog. If you make very small biscuits for clicker training, then you may need to take them out of the oven slightly earlier because they will cook faster.