Vegetarian Dog Biscuits
Crunchy Vegetable Biscuits
This healthy vegetarian recipe makes some lovely vegetarian dog biscuits. These treats are good training treats and also good for walks.
- 1/2 cup grated cheese.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- 3 teaspoons Apple Sauce.
- 1/2 cup of vegtables (your choice – I used frozen mixed vegetables).
- 1 cup rice flour (or all-purpose/plain flour if your dog is free from allergies).
- 1/4 cup warm milk.
How to make this treat
Turn oven on low at 160 degrees C /325 degrees F.
- Mix together all the ingredients except the milk – it should form a sticky dough.
- Add a little bit of milk to help make a more kneadable dough. You may not need to add all the milk.
- Roll out on floured board until its about 1cm thick
- Use your cookie cutter or a knife to cut out shapes. Place on a non-stick baking tray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take them out and see if your dog likes them!
This is a nice simple recipe that will appeal to vegetarian pets. You can make different variations by changing the type of cheese and vegetables you use. Cheddar and Parmesan work well. For vegetables, try carrots, broccoli and peas and corn. You can also use olive oil instead of vegetable oil if you prefer.
Want to try something different? Other vegetarian recipes that Luigi likes are ;
Return to Vegetarian Dog Treats from Vegetarian Dog Biscuits
Return to CrazyCrumb-Dog-Treats Home